Maritime Welding Training Center
5555 N Channel Ave, Portland, OR 97217 | 971-722-5284
The Vigor and PCC Maritime Welding Training Center is a 4,000-square-foot facility next to the Swan Island shipyards at the Willamette River, where students advance in the art and craft of welding.
Vigor Industrial is the region’s leading provider of shipbuilding, ship repair, ship conversion and complex industrial fabrication. PCC is Oregon’s unrivaled educational entry point to training, skills-building and opportunity, and widely recognized for the excellence of its programs. Together, Vigor and the college offer students unparalleled, hands-on education under the expert guidance of diverse and student-centered faculty. For certificate and degree information, see Welding Technology.
The center exemplifies Vigor and PCC’s shared commitment to equity and inclusion. In 2017-2018, 27 percent of welders in the Maritime Welding Training Center were female-identified or non-binary. Both institutions are second-chance employers helping people overcome histories of incarceration.
Contact us to learn more about opportunities at the Maritime Welding Training Center.
Maritime Welding Training Center news
- Next Gen Manufacturing Project Underway
- February 21, 2023
- The project is one of 42 that HECC recently awarded in the first round of $10 million Future Ready Oregon Workforce Ready grants
- PCC’s Advanced Manufacturing Focus Pays Off
- January 12, 2023
- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici champions $910,000 for PCC’s semiconductor and advanced manufacturing workforce training
- Staff Welcome Union Pacific to Swan Island
- November 14, 2022
- The national reps visited the Union Pacific Mobile Welding Training and Trades Center that is under construction at the Swan Island
- View more Maritime Welding Training Center news...
Ready to become a PCC student?
Becoming a PCC student is easy! Just complete the steps for new students, starting with admissions.