The PCC Dental Clinic serves as a teaching facility for students in our Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs. It is not intended to replace regular or extensive dental care in private dental offices. Download our Dental Clinic flyer.
Preventive services and fees
Payment for services is due on the first scheduled treatment appointment. Cash, check, credit and debit are accepted.
- Free dental exams
- Teeth cleaning:
- Adult: $20 to $25
- Child: $15
- Seniors (62+): $10
- Dental x-rays: $5 to $25
- Simple fillings: $10
- Free sealants
- Oral hygiene education: included in the cost of the dental cleaning
- Periodontal (gum) treatment: included in the cost of the dental cleaning
We do not provide crown and bridge, dentures, root canals, TMJ treatment, or extraction, and we are unable to accommodate walk-in or emergency care appointments.
The PCC Dental Clinic is open in accordance with other PCC locations. For more information on holidays and other closures, please consult the college calendar. For more information on unscheduled closures please check PCC’s homepage for alerts or sign up for PCC Alerts. New patients are scheduled for a one hour screening appointment to determine appropriate scheduling of their treatment. Cleaning appointments are generally 3 to 4 hours in length and depending on the individual needs of the patient, may take 3-4 visits to complete. To schedule an appointment, call 971-722-4909.
You must provide 24 hours notice if it is necessary to cancel an appointment: failure to do so will jeopardize your continuation as a patient at the clinic.
The PCC Dental Clinic cannot make commitments to patients in terms of appointment frequency or re-care intervals.
- Sign a written consent for treatment.
- Complete and sign an accurate health history and provide current updates.
- Arrive on time, commit to staying for the whole session and return for the required number of visits to complete treatment.
- Have prescribed x-rays taken for proper diagnosis.
- Provide signed permission for minors under the age of 18 and not leave small children unattended in the reception area.
- Recognize that the PCC Dental Clinic cannot be your primary dental care facility.
As a patient in the dental clinics of Portland Community College, you have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful and nondiscriminatory oral health care.
- Current information concerning your oral diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in order to make informed decisions.
- Know the names, positions and functions of any instructor and staff who are involved in your care.
- Refuse treatment.
- A clean, safe, non smoking environment.
- A referral to other health care providers when your needs are beyond the scope of treatment available at this facility.
- Expect that all records and communications pertaining to your health care are confidential.
- Participate in all decisions about your treatment.
- Information regarding the clinic’s Infection Control Policies (available upon request).