Healthcare occupations are projected to grow faster than any other career field in order to meet the medical needs of an aging population.
The Healthcare Careers 14 credit certificate prepares you with the foundational skills employers require for entry-level positions in the healthcare industry. In addition, it introduces the breadth of career opportunities in the healthcare industry, so you can consider how to continue your education.
Why choose Medical Professions at PCC?
These classes benefit you in several different ways:
- Begin exploring careers in the health field
- Support classes for some of the other PCC healthcare programs
- Find coursework you need for non-PCC healthcare programs
- Complete the Healthcare Careers Certificate.
Degrees and certificates
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Certificate: Healthcare Careers||Less than 1 year|
What will you learn?
You will develop both the customer service skills required in the healthcare industry, as well as the technical knowledge. You will explore medical profession standards, practices and opportunities in:
- Career paths
- Electronic health records
- First aid
- Health law and ethics
- Medical terminology
What will you do?
You will be prepared to go into entry-level positions such as:
- Dietary aid
- Medical office assistant
- Other entry-level medical administrative positions
- Patient access specialist
- Patient relations representative
- Sterile processing technician
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes.Apply now