Our ‘in person’ classes are housed in our Mac Computer Labs in the Moriarty Building (MAHB) or in our Video Production Studio in Technology Education Building (TEB).
Technology requirements for online learning
Remote and Online classes will require the following:
- For classes that use Adobe Creative Cloud, students will need to Get an Adobe ID using your @pcc.edu email address and download Adobe Creative Cloud: Please see specific requirements for Adobe products
- Mac or PC with Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, RAM 16 GB minimum (32 GB recommended) and 2GB of GPU VRAM.
- Screen: at least 1280 x 800 pixels.
- USB 3.0 or better (vs 2.0) – USB C Thunderbolt 3 preferred.
- At least one 8 to 16GB or larger USB 3.0 thumb drive (or faster 3.1 or 3.2)
- A laptop is OK but you will need multiple windows open.
- Fast WiFi – preferably what’s called (2×2). Try this WiFi Speedtest to test your connection.
- Remote instruction requires a webcam, microphone, and speakers.
- For classes that use Autodesk, students can get free one-year educational access to Autodesk products and services.
- For classes that use Unity, students can get free access to Unity.
- We have some resources to help you, including free wi-fi connectivity options. Additionally, if you are in need of a computer, wi-fi, or other support to access remote/online coursework or college services, please provide more information on the Student Technology Needs form and a staff member will contact you soon.
- If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.